April 28, 2011

Lactose Intolerance



So, a couple of weeks ago I had a huge farting session. The whole evening I could not stop making stinky gas. I thought it was incredibly odd, since I did not consume any beans or gassy vegetables. As I started to track back my diet, I found I had a Starbucks caramel frappucino just hours before my fart fest. I immediately googled, and I attributed it to the coffee beans, because apparently coffee makes you gassy too. Although I've always had coffee, and never had gas like this before. I just figured that the frappucino was made from BAD COFFEE BEANS!

Tonight, I am having the same kind of gas symphony. I instantly recall the last thing I ate, a bowl of cereal. Milk. I googled, and it appears that farting is a lactose intolerance symptom. I can't believe I am lactose intolerant!? Diary?! My favourite! This is my Asian ancestry fate! It is inevitable that I cannot tolerate diary! My people didn't eat it! Please don't let this mean I have to turn to soy milk now, that is the death of me!

Turns out it was not the coffee beans, but rather the amount of milk and diary in that frappucino! I am bloated and farting a lot right now, so that is the reason why I am not yet in bed. Toodles for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment