September 23, 2010

Savings

Yesterday was another metrotown adventure with fellow shorty, helz. On the way to mall we had a conversation about finances and savings. It appears that everyone else in the world has the idea of saving money and future investments. I, on the other hand, has never really thought about savings. I usually just save some money, then blow it away on something like a 2 month vacation. I guess it never occurred to me that I may need to live on savings in the future.

I guess people save money because they want to buy a home, have retirement security. Helen said I was overly optimistic, because I believed that when I don't have money, I'd just be able to make some. It never crossed my mind to purchase my own home, so putting some money aside was never in the equation. HAAAHA... I should really rethink my financial habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment