October 23, 2011

The things that make you happy.

The things that make you happy are not objects, at least for me. Living in a material world, it is often easy to gain material goods, and call it happiness. Material happiness is always short lived, because it has no meaning. The things that make me happy are family, love, friends, and passion. The list may seem like the "obvious" choice, but when it really comes down to it, these are the important things in life.

No matter how bad things get, or how complicated the situation, family always comes first. I am an individual, I am a sister, and I am a daughter, for all the roles in life, I am a part of my family first and foremost. Family defines who I am, and their happiness is a direct dictation of my own happiness. Keep your family happy, and soon you will be happy. If family is content and happy, then I am happy.

Love makes me happy. To know that there is someone you can count on and rely on for support, for love, for guidance, for companionship, is comforting, but being able to reciprocate makes me happy. Some internal capacity to love can in turn become this massive and limitless affection and appreciation for another being is a true miracle. If my action, my words, my existence can bring a smile to my love, then I am happy.

A world without friends, is like a world without laughter. Friends appreciate you, accept you, understand you, help you, and support you. Friends are like little treasures, and you cherish how special they are. Sometimes friends are the only people that understand you, and the only people who can tell you things that your family is afraid to tell you. Honorable and trustworthy. If my friends are happy, then I am happy.

Believing in yourself has immense power, if you believe in yourself, you will find power and passion. Passion is one of the driving forces that we need to push ourselves to the limit, and then some. Find your passion, find your love, then you will find happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment